Miner photographer and gun owner JC Amberlyn when to Gun Appreciation Day at On Target Enterprises. She asked the following questions:
1. What brought you to gun appreciation day? Are you going to buy a gun? If so, what kind?
2. Do you believe Obama wants to take away your Second Amendment rights?
3. Are there any portions of his recent proposals and executive actions that do make sense to you?
Susan Breen's Answers
1. I came (with children) to show support. I don't know if I'm going to buy one.
3. Absolutely not. He has no right to override our constitutional rights. The Second Amendment is in place to protect us from a tyrannical government.
Bob Pressler's Answers
1. I have one (semi-automatic gun) on order but I don't know if I'll get it or not. I had ordered it three days prior to the Newtown shootings but I don't know if I'll get it now. They were backlogged then and they're even more backlogged now. I'm here selling tickets to the Mohave County Friends of the NRA Annual Dinner on March 16 at the Powerhouse. (Raffle tickets for a Smith & Wesson handgun are also available at On Target.)
2. Definitely. He won't admit it, but that's his agenda.
3. Somehow they should tie in mental health records of some places. If a guy has mental health problems there's a risk there. I don't know how it would ever happen, (maybe) background checks at gun shows. Though, that leads into a lot of other problems. Neighbor selling to neighbor - you can't prevent that, you can't track that, and I don't believe that should be illegal. It's my personal property. The issue ought to be the economy and jobs but because of a nutcase with a gun here we are again with turmoil over guns.
Danny Mergell's Answers
1. No, I'm here helping Pierre (the owner of On Target) ... and to show support.
2. Yes, I do. The man is a socialist and a liar. He came to the TV the other day saying "I want to protect the children" but there are no seat belts on buses, for instance. He doesn't want armed guards in schools but his kids have security guards.
3. I can see them looking at the whackadoos - but I don't see him doing enough. It's all superficial - it affects the law abiding (citizens) more than the criminals.