The Kingman Fire Department responded to a structure fire around 4 a.m. Tuesday at Catch-N-Rayz, a tanning and beauty salon at the corner of Willow Road and Airway Avenue.
According to Battalion Chief Bill Johnston, crews forced entry into the business and encountered heavy smoke and heat.
Firefighters used a thermal imaging device and located the origin of the fire in a utility room. The room was "well involved" with fire, but firefighters confined the blaze to the room and portions of the attic.
Nobody was inside the business and no injuries were reported. The business suffered heavy smoke and heat damage.
Posted: Saturday, June 15, 2013
Article comment by:
Been having major power surges in my home that is causing problems. The electric company says it's not them but ever since a new transformer was put up, my neighbors and I have been having problems. I hope it doesn't cause a fire.