3/7/2014 6:02:00 AM Fire rips through Kingman home; dogs saved
An electrical short sparked a fire that destroyed a home in the 3800 block of Hearne Avenue Wednesday afternoon.
The Red Cross assisted the two people displaced by the fire - they were not home at the time - and firefighters from the Northern Arizona Consolidated Fire District were able to save their dogs.
According to Battalion Chief Jason Scott, firefighters encountered heavy, dark smoke coming from the front of the home when they arrived at about 3:15 p.m. They were able to contain the fire to the interior and its contents.
Scott said no nearby structures were threatened and no injuries were reported. He set the estimated damage of the fire at $10,000.
Posted: Monday, March 10, 2014
Article comment by:
Bravo to the quick response of the fire department. All too often trailers and prefabricated homes go up in a blaze within 5 minutes. Not only did they quickly contain this fire and extinguish it leaving minimal damage, they saved the lives of these peoples dogs! These are MY heroes! Thank you Northern Arizona Consolidated Fire District for doing your job well! Keep up the good work.