Medical Marijuana By Jay Fleming, Mohave Valley, AZ firstname.lastname@example.org Jay Fleming is a Kingman area medical marijuana patient, patient advocate and a member of Law Enforcement Against Prohibition (LEAP).Wednesday, December 19, 2012
Someone's seting up Arizona dispensaries to fail. If I read the rules right, dispensaries can grow their own medical marijuana, or purchase it from another dispensary. The only other option is for patients, or caregivers, to donate marijuana to a dispensary. The law is very clear on this, and no compensation can be received by the patient, or caregiver.
Sorry, but somehow, money will change hands. Call it donations, or whatever you want, but DEA will figure it out and people will go to jail.
The feds have a 99-plant limit, written or not, if anyone doesn't believe this, ask Chris Williams from Montana Cannabis. He's looking at an 80-year mandatory minimum sentence. Arizona dispensaries that follow the law won't be able to supply enough marijuana for patients, and those who don't follow the law risk DEA intervention.
Until the federal marijuana laws change, medical marijuana patients and dispensary owners will risk arrest. It will be difficult for the feds to change from drugs are bad, just say no, to drug legalization, but it's something we must do. With 85 percent of drug arrests for marijuana, it would be difficult for the feds to justify a massive Drug War on the remaining 15% of drug arrests for meth, cocaine, and heroin.
We can not continue to incarcerate people who use marijuana for $30,000 per year, while spending only $7,000 per year to educate a student. Our priorities need to change. We can always find money to build a new prison, but not to build a new school. Legislators need a graceful way to back out of the war on drugs. So call your legislators, tell them we lost the war on drugs long ago, and please look for options to incarceration.
Posted: Thursday, January 31, 2013
Article comment by:
If Obama would build a fence and seriously tackle illegal immigration and its associated drug smuggling, we could cut the profit the cartels make by 85%. They're not going to go away but our agents could spend more time on other drugs if we take the profitability out of it.
People should be allowed to grow their own marijuana because it does have psychoactive ingredients that can help with chronic pain,and mitigating adverse effects of chemotherapy. My problem with "medical marijuana" that it's crazy to think that inhaling a product like tobacco or marijuana is good for you. The tars and particulate matter from marijuana are just as bad as tobacco.
Let's identify and purify the active ingredients that are useful, extract them and turn them into prescription or even "behind" the counter drugs that you can sign for if you need it.
The current "medical marijuana" system is crazy and schizophrenic, like our immigration system.
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2013
Article comment by:
"We can not continue to incarcerate people who use marijuana for $30,000 per year, while spending only $7,000 per year to educate a student. Our priorities need to change. We can always find money to build a new prison, but not to build a new school."
of this there is NO DOUBT!!!!!!!
but to answer your question the answer is yes they will. and pay ridiculously low prices for it to the point where it isn't even worth it for me to grow pot anymore. i am legal in Washington at 15 plants, but i exceed and used to butt up against that 99 plant limit, which is not fallacy. still, tho legal in wa to have pot, is federal crime and we still can't import seeds for Hemp. our laws suck, and one reason is obama lied, the other is people like john mcCain, who is just a jack-wagon. so yeah, write to your clowns in WA (not here, haha), and tell them to pull their heads out. thanks.