Three Kingman hunters found dead

Three hunters, who were found dead Thursday morning from carbon monoxide poisoning about 15 miles northwest of Seligman, have been identified as Kingman residents, Coconino County sheriff Sgt.

Mike Schulte said.

Richard King, 47; his son, Louis King, 12; and Michael King, 49, were found dead from poisoning believed from a propane lantern in their tent.

Investigators believe they died sometime the night of Oct.

26, Schulte said.

A search was conducted Oct.

30 when they were reported overdue and was then canceled later that night when other hunters spotted the King's pickup truck at a rugged area frequent by hunters, Schulte said.

Richard King's wife then called law enforcement officers on Wednesday and the search was back on, Schulte said.

The truck and the camping tent were spotted by Ranger-41, the Arizona Department of Public Safety's helicopter out of Kingman, around 11:30 a.m.

Thursday, he said.

Mohave County Sheriff's Office spokesman Steve Johnson said the MCSO sent Search & Rescue team volunteers to assist at the request of the Coconino County Sheriff's Office.

But he had no further information.