DOLAN SPRINGS - Three people were taken to University Medical Center in Las Vegas on Wednesday night with burns suffered in a motor home fire.
About 7 p.m., two units and seven personnel from the Lake Mohave Ranchos Fire Department responded to the Ranch Club RV Park off Pierce Ferry Road, Chief Dave Estenson said.
A propane stove ignited a flash-over fire and occupants fled from the 20-foot motor home. The vehicle sustained an estimated $3,000 damage.
An adult male suffered second- and third-degree burns to his hands, arms and face. An adult female sustained first-degree burns to her toes. A juvenile female suffered first- and second-degree burns to her right arm and hand, plus first- and second-degree burns to her left hand, Estenson said.
Separate Careflight helicopters airlifted the man and juvenile from the scene. The woman was driven in a private vehicle to UMC.
No further information was available.
KINGMAN - Mohave County Sheriff's deputies arrested Damien Scott Anderson, 24, of Kingman on Oct. 13 on a felony probation violation warrant issued by Mohave County Superior Court.
Deputies contacted Anderson in the area of Butler Avenue and Jimmie Drive, a news release from the MCSO stated.
A records check on Anderson turned up the warrant. He was booked into Mohave County Jail.
KINGMAN - Mohave County Sheriff's deputies arrested Joanna Lee Faylor, 40, of Kingman on Tuesday on a felony charge of possession of drug paraphernalia.
About 6:50 a.m., deputies responded to a domestic violence call in the 2000 block of E. Beale Street, a news release from the MCSO stated.
Faylor alleged her husband had assaulted her with a baseball bat at a residence in the 1300 block of South Sixth Street. However, deputies did not observe any sign of injury to Faylor.
Deputies contacted Faylor's husband at the residence where the alleged assault happened and he stated he had argued with his wife but did not hit her. He further stated he was incapable of swinging a baseball bat due to recent arm surgery.
Deputies observed his left arm in a sling and numerous stitches in his shoulder.
Deputies re-contacted Joanna Faylor. They observed a plastic bag containing a residue fall out of her purse as she was getting an ID card.
Faylor was taken into custody and booked into Mohave County Jail.
DOLAN SPRINGS - The contents of a dryer caught fire Wednesday night sending several people fleeing from a Laundromat.
About 5 p.m., three units and five personnel from the Lake Mohave Ranchos Fire Department responded to the business on Don Nell Road, Chief Dave Estenson said.
Smoke of moderate intensity was coming from the building when firefighters arrived. The damage was confined to the one dryer and estimated at less than $500.
There were no injuries and the business resumed operation about 30 minutes after the blaze was extinguished following venting of the building, Estenson said.
KINGMAN - Mohave County Sheriff's deputies arrested a 16-year-old Kingman youth Wednesday night on felony charges of burglary, possession of burglary tools and trespassing.
About 10:37 p.m., deputies responded to a report of a male subject walking around an abandoned house in the 3600 block of Neal Avenue, a news release from the MCSO stated.
The reporting party said she observed a youth wearing a dark shirt and light shorts force his way into a nearby home. Deputies went to the residence and observed pry marks on the outside of the door, near the doorknob and door latch.
Deputies entered the home and found a water heater lying on the floor near the door. They also located a male subject lying on a bathroom floor and took him into custody.
Upon further examination of the home, deputies found channel pliers and a pipe cutter. After questioning, the suspect was booked into the Mohave County Juvenile Detention Center.