Cooking with class: Students in the culinary class at Black Mountain School learn to cook various foods, and they serve them to their classmates and staff. Here (clockwise from top), Sandybell Rodriguez and Melissa Ford load strawberry shortcakes with fresh strawberries and cream; other budding chefs prepare pulled pork on hamburger buns, along with homemade coleslaw; and the class ends with everyone's least favorite chore, washing the dishes. Donations are always appreciated for this program. Call the school at 565-9111.
More like this story
- Kingman Middle School now offers a culinary arts course, and there is a waiting list
- Some Kingman Unified students find their niche in the kitchen that's a classroom
- Gingerbread creations come to life for Kingman students
- Mini Gallery: Black Mountain cooking
- Taste of Home Cooking School Brings Fresh Ideas for Fall!