KINGMAN - Five students suspected of using illegal substances on the school bus were taken to Kingman Regional Medical Center on Friday.
At 7:45 a.m., the bus driver notified the school administration of five male students who were possibly huffing - inhaling toxins such as paint - according to Trish Carter, Mohave County Sheriff's Office public information specialist.
The school contacted the boys' parents and the Sheriff's Office.
"Any time there is a suspicion of illegal substances, we have a duty to respond for the students' safety," Kingman High Principal Pat Mickelson said.
The Northern Arizona Consolidated Fire District responded at 9 a.m. and treated the students. Three of the five were immediately taken with parental permission to KRMC as a precautionary measure, Carter said. A fourth boy was transported by his parent, and eventually all five were treated at KRMC.
The students could face disciplinary action from the high school administration, as well as facing legal repercussions, Mickelson said. All five boys could face misdemeanor charges for inhaling toxins, Carter said.