The Golden Valley Improvement District temporarily shut down a water standpipe at the corner of Bolsa and Estrella Roads in Golden Valley recently. The standpipe is one of three water distribution facilities the district runs in Golden Valley. It sells water to residents who are not hooked into the district's or Valley Pioneers Water Company systems. The district shut down the standpipe Friday, Aug. 6, because the well pump feeding the pipe broke down, said Improvement District Supervisor Zelda Wright. The county hopes to have the well repaired by Monday, Aug. 16. Until the repairs are made, residents or businesses that haul water are asked to use the other district standpipes located at Chino and Laguna roads and Laguna and Chinle roads, Wright said.
More like this story
- Standpipe customers of Golden Valley Improvement District have new payment mechanism
- Broken Golden Valley water line quickly repaired
- Petition drive continuing to expand water service in Golden Valley Improvement District
- Golden Valley water line damaged by backhoe now repaired
- Valley Pioneer, GVID seeking water rate hikes - PART II of III