This is in response to our Assessor Ron Nicholson's statements which appeared in a recent Miner.
Mr. Assessor, while it's nice to have reduced our property taxes due to market conditions presently, the dictionary defines an assessor as "an official who assesses properties for taxation." You would have to be a clairvoyant to state as you did, that "the market for raw land and commercial properties will continue to decline and you don't expect to see an upturn in the market until maybe 2014."
Frankly, I do believe even my guru wouldn't have a clue as to when the market will improve.
More like this story
- County wins tax case involving Havasu times shares, backs legislation to make taxation uniform statewide<BR>
- BOS hears resident's outrage over 'unfair' property taxes
- Property owners snared in tax Catch-22
- County not raising taxes but has to hold "truth" hearing
- Letter: We must pass Prop. 13 Arizona