Search and Rescue volunteers from the Mohave County Sheriff's Office recently received high-angle rescue rope training in the high altitude of the Hualapai Mountains. According to Sgt. Rob McEuen, SAR commander, the Hualapai Mountains are a great setting for training because of the steep terrain and difficult switchbacks, especially when using a short-haul operation which transports victims to safety. The Technical Rope Rescue Team is also trained in rappelling out of helicopters or down a cliff.
More like this story
- Search teams struggled with terrain before locating bodies of 3 missing off-roaders
- Mohave County Sheriff’s Office Search and Rescue trains in technical rope rescue
- Butch's Brew: MCSO Search and Rescue helps train swift water rescue techniques
- Golden Valley Man Missing
- Gov. Jan Brewer keynote speaker at Republican Party picnic