Now, AZ's hot new immigration law, and Arpaio as its poster boy, are facing the backlash as the "civil liberties patriots" clash with the "defend the empire patriots." In this case, just as submerged resentment at Obama's blackness merged with right-wing fears of losing control of the country caused the Tea Party to coalesce, the overt racism and hatefulness of SB 1070 has given a wide range of liberals an outrage they can react to.
More like this story
- Current Comedy, 5/10/10: "Tales From the Struggle Over SB 1070" Continued
- Trump’s first pardon spares political ally Arpaio
- Letter: Time for a new revolution
- Current Comedy 11/15/10: "The People's Work" (Welcome to the Occupation, Part 2)
- Current Comedy, 5/20/10: Tales From the Struggle Over SB1070, Parts Three, Four, & Five