KINGMAN - A 2-year-old Golden Valley boy burned in a fire a week ago remains in critical condition.
Erik Glotkowski has been unconscious since being burned over a majority of his body in a mobile home fire in front of his home on West Imperial Road the morning of May 16. Erik was playing in the mobile home with his two older brothers, ages 4 and 5, when the oldest boy accidentally set fire to a mattress in the mobile home.
James Guillot, Erik's great-uncle, spoke to the media on behalf of his nephew and his wife. Guillot said Erik's parents saw the boys playing five minutes before seeing the mobile home engulfed in flames.
The two older boys escaped the fire and ran into the family home for help. The father ran into the burning structure, suffering burns on his arms and hands when he pulled Erik out.
The father was worried that fire crews might not find the out-of-the-way home, so he rushed Erik to the fire station on Oatman Road, which opened last year. Guillot said he was grateful for the new station, along with the firefighters, paramedics and life-flight crews that responded to the incident.
"We're thankful for everyone who made sure the baby stayed with us that day," he said.
Guillot described his great-nephew as a sweet boy who loved Spider Man. The toddler will remain in an induced coma for several more days as doctors track his condition.
"He's shown slight improvements in the past few days," Guillot said. "We're taking it hour by hour."