BOSTON (AP) - The FBI has released photos of two suspects in the Boston Marathon bombings and is asking for the public's help in identifying them.
FBI Agent Richard DesLauriers said one the suspects is believed to have planted the devices near the finish line of the race. He says both suspects are considered armed and extremely dangerous.
Within moments of the FBI releasing the images on its website, the agency's website crashed.
The explosions Monday killed three people and injured more than 180.
The images were released hours after President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama attended an interfaith service at a Roman Catholic cathedral in Boston to remember the victims, including an 8-year-old boy.
More like this story
- Conflicting reports about Boston bombing arrest
- Manhunt underway for remaining Boston Marathon bombing suspect
- Investigators ask for cell phone videos in Boston bombing
- Movie Review: ‘Patriots Day’ pays homage to the people of Boston, America
- With police near, suspected Austin bomber blows himself up