YUMA, Ariz. (AP) - Police in southwestern Arizona say no gun was found after a Yuma school was evacuated in response to an unconfirmed report of a student possibly having a weapon.
Yuma police say they responded to Rancho Viejo Elementary School about 10 a.m. Tuesday and did a "systematic search" of the campus.
City spokeswoman Martha Guzman says school buses took students to another school several miles away where parents picked them up.
The report of a gun also prompted lockdowns at two other nearby schools.
Police say students at Salida Del Sol Elementary and WACOG Preschool also were bussed to another location so their parents could take them home.
More like this story
- Gun scare prompts lockdown at Kingman Middle School
- Police: Student detained after BB gun found on bus
- Gunman kills at least 17 people at Florida high school
- Kingman Middle School locked down because of gun scare that proved to be false
- Parents unhappy with Cerbat Elementary's handling of gun threats