I just read the article in the Daily Miner (Oct. 22) about Joseph Songster making his Eagle rank. Thank you; it was great reading.
However, the part where you put "Songster, who received the honor four days before his 18th birthday, is the first Eagle Scout from Troop 57 and one of only a few in Mohave County" is a little misleading. Our district covers a large area, including most of Mohave County. We have had several young men from our district awarded the Eagle rank - off the top of my head I can count over 20 young men who have worked hard for this rank. If you would like, I could get you a number of Scouts who have obtained the rank of Eagle in Mohave County.
Now if you would have said that Songster was one of only a few in Golden Valley, that statement would be right, because we are still working on developing the Scouting program in Golden Valley.
Thank you again for putting the Scouting name out there for the public to see and hear about.
Mohave District, Las Vegas Area Council, BSA
More like this story
- Golden Valley Scout completes journey to Eagle
- Scouting for members: Low number of Boy Scouts in Mohave County causes leaders to focus on increasing awareness
- Kingman Photo | Eagle Scout project benefits Deer Canyon
- Kingman Photo | Becoming an Eagle Scout
- Four brothers earn the rank of Eagle Scout<BR>