KINGMAN - The Fort Mohave man whose body was found in a burned out house Oct. 6 died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound, according to the Mohave County Sheriff's Office.
Detectives and Fort Mohave fire investigators determined Curtis Duane Johnson, 53, was on his bed when he died after setting his mattress on fire and then shooting himself in the head with his own handgun, which was on the bed and next to the body when firefighters responded to Johnson's home in the 4300 block of Amanda Avenue.
Investigators discovered Johnson used gasoline as an accelerant.
The fatality was the second involving a house fire in Fort Mohave this year.
In May, an elderly man living in the 4500 block of Calle Ranchita burned to death in an afternoon fire that destroyed his home.
Firefighters found the body of Jack Dorwen Salley, 86, inside the home.