Forecast calls for chance of thunderstorms today

As always, watch out for flash flooding

Lightning has put on quite a show over and around Kingman recently. (HERBERTA SCHROEDER/Courtesy)

Lightning has put on quite a show over and around Kingman recently. (HERBERTA SCHROEDER/Courtesy)

LAS VEGAS - The National Weather Service has issued a flash flood watch through 8 a.m. this morning, indicating an increased risk of flash flooding.

According to forecasts, a weather disturbance was expected to move through Western Arizona Tuesday night, contributing to the development of thunderstorms across San Bernadino, Mohave, Clark and Lincoln counties.

Lake Havasu, Fort Mohave and the Lake Mead National Recreation Area were mentioned as some of the focal points of the storms.

For Kingman, predictions called for a 60 percent chance of heavy rain today, and a 40 percent chance of thunderstorms tonight.

The chance of rain drops to 20 percent on Thursday, and clear skies are forecast for Friday and Saturday.

A flash flood watch means that conditions may develop that lead to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation and persons in and near the watch area should be alert to the potential for heavy rainfall.

- National Weather Service