After the onset of Obamacare, Rich Weinstein and wife of Philadelphia, like millions of others, had their hand-picked health care policy ("junk" policies, according to Obamacare) cancelled. Problem was, the Weinsteins understood their policy, it met their personal needs, and they wanted to keep it.
So this "stupid" American, Rich Weinstein, remembering the 31 times Obama promised you could keep your policy and doctor if you liked them, set out to find out exactly who wrote Obamacare.
And find him he did, presenting us with five videos (more info coming) from MIT Professor Jonathan Gruber, the Obamacare architect. After a year of trying to get the attention of the mainstream media, he gave up, went to talk radio and succeeded. Even so, the mainstream ignored these astonishing tapes for a week.
In front of friendly liberal elitist audiences, Gruber repeatedly and arrogantly boasted about the enormous lies and deception needed to get the bill passed.
Apparently forgetting only one Republican voted for Obamacare, Gruber only fooled the Democrats with the real stupidity being that no one who voted for it even read it. Gruber apparently, in his great wisdom, forgot the cameras were rolling. Sadly, people call talk radio daily with horror stories. They lost their doctors, deductibles are now $5,000-10,000, premiums are up 20-40%, some even had to close their businesses.
And Obamacare is illegal, but we'll wait for another Supreme Court ruling (King v Burwell) next summer on the illegality of subsidies being paid by the feds when Obamacare says only the states must pay them.
A small sampling of Gruber's proud admissions and deceits:
(1) Making sure Obamacare was "non-transparent helped in getting the bill through."
(2) Gruber: "This bill was written in a tortured way to make sure the CBO (Congressional Budget Office) didn't score the mandate as taxes ... otherwise the bill dies."
(3) Gruber explained the bill was written to cover up the obvious redistributionist core of the legislation, that "the healthy young would be paying for the sick and old - otherwise the bill would not pass."
(4) In every speech, Gruber referred to the stupidity of the American people, at one point stating "their stupidity was really, really critical to getting the thing to pass" and referred to"the lack of economic understanding of the American voter."
(5) Due to the "stupidity" of Americans, Gruber created a 150-page comic book promoting Obamacare. He made himself the hero in it. We paid for it.
(6) First working on the Massachusetts healthcare bill, on video, Gruber reminds us of a guy named Senator Ted Kennedy. Kennedy figured out a way to rip the feds off for $400 million a year to pay for the Massachusetts health care bill. The audience got a huge laugh out of this one. And we paid the bill. (A side note - Massachusetts healthcare is a disaster)
(7) Jan 18, 2012, on video, this Gruber threat to the individual states. "What's important to remember politically, if you're a state ... and don't set up an exchange your citizens don't get their credits." I hope that that's blatant enough political reality that states will get their act together.but you know, once again, the politics can get ugly around this ... and really, the ultimate threat ... they'll throw you guys out if they understand ... no exchange ... you're losing hundreds of millions to be delivered to your citizens."
In spite of the threat, 36 states declined. The federal government then started paying the subsidies - explicitly forbidden in the law - and that is the illegality that is before the Supreme Court.
(8) Speaking of what they kept in Obamacare, Gruber said, "We threw spaghetti at the wall to see what would stick".
(9) The big scam. With 19 verified visits to the White House, Gruber told PBS
Frontline the genesis of the Cadillac tax scam. While in the Oval Office with Obama, the president said, "I can't pass this - we can't have the rich seeming to get a better deal, etc." Gruber praised Obama's brilliance, his political acumen at understanding the necessity of tricking the people.
A plan was devised to tax those evil insurance companies 40 percent, a cost they would be forced to pass on to customers, thus providing money for Obamacare while making the innocent insurance companies the villains. And how many times have we seen posters on the Miner say just that.
Even Obama's faithful union followers got scammed, for many had the "Cadillac" plans.
And yet, from Brisbane last week, Obama said about Gruber, the Obamacare
Architect. "I just heard about this ... some advisor ... never worked on staff." There's some serious sickness in there, for Gruber had been commissioned for the bill by the White House Office of Health Reform's head, Nancy-Ann DeParle, initially paying Gruber $400,000.
In all, Gruber made $8 million as he was tasked with helping individual states and worked on two other big Obama projects, one being immigration reform.
A careful plan was put in place by the administration to quote Gruber as the brilliant "outsider" economist who reviewed Obamacare, found it perfect. Everyone complied.
DeParle posted on the White House blog, "MIT Economist Confirms Senate Health Reform Bill Reduces Costs and Improves Coverage," indicating he was an outsider.
Harry Reid quoted Gruber as saying "I can't think of anything they are doing in the bill you couldn't have done better ... it will bend the cost curve."
Pelosi also lauded Gruber, but last week, on the House floor, denied knowing him, said he wrote nothing. Again, cameras were rolling.
All of this is a classic example of "progressive totalitarianism," says David Horowitz. The line of thinking is: "We know what's good for you and will lie, cheat - then compel you to agree with us."
In other words, we are the hapless clods out in the hinterland - can't be trusted to run our own lives - must be lied to for our own good.
Which reminds me, if the mainstream press forgot to tell you, Obama gave $3 billion to third world countries to fight the non-existant global warming while traveling last week and designated another $350 million to La Raza in the amnesty bill he talked up Thursday night.
That $350 million is for lawyers to help with paperwork for the illegals he will allow to stay here.
For those of us with household budgets, have run little businesses, can you only imagine if we had run our budgets as Gruber and Obama have done. But we are the stupid ones?
Obamacare is on life support and Republicans have the largest majority in the House in more than 60 years. And yet, the "smart" elitists still haven't caught on.