City of Kingman employees put on a Go Pink Block Party Friday evening on Beale Street to raise funds for the Kingman Cancer Care Unit, which helps local cancer patients and their families with costs, transportation, and other help when they need it.
There was a Pig Out, a Hot Wheels Car Race, a Ribbon Drop, and other activities.
Kingman Regional Medical Center, Redneck's BBQ and Taco Bell were major sponsors and Kingman Chevrolet-Buick donated $2,200 to KRMC's Catch It Early program, which provides free or low-cost mammograms to women over 40 who qualify.
Call (928) 692-2727 for more information.
The Kingman Cancer Care Unit will also be holding its annual fundraising Arts and Crafts Fair next weekend at the Mohave County Fairgrounds.
More like this story
- Pink Heals Block Party kicks off Cancer Awareness Month
- Cancer awareness events fill the calendar in October
- ‘Pink Heals’ Block Party kicks off fight against cancer
- Guest Column: Turn downtown pink on Oct. 3 for Cancer Care Unit
- Weekend in brief | Pink Heals block party to kick off ‘Go Pink’ week in fight against cancer