I’m very concerned about all the teens who are attempting suicide or actually committing suicide. In the last few months I have learned of a lot of my 14 year old’s friends and others who attend her school being involved in cutting themselves. It’s really on my mind why they aren’t getting the help needed.
For example my good friend’s son was taken to KRMC for cutting on himself and when the teen told the doctor he felt he was going to hurt himself or someone, the doctor gave his mother a card for Southwest Behavioral and told her that it was after hours but to call the next day and he was sent home. Another teen girl tried killing herself and was taken to KRMC and was home in a couple of hours. To me something doesn’t seem right with them just treating their injuries and sending them home. I’m really concerned for the teens around Kingman and everywhere that they aren’t getting the help they need.
More like this story
- Suicide victim's family pens primer on prevention<BR>
- Veteran suicides: Mohave County ranks third in Arizona
- Service aimed at avoiding repeat of Kingman teen's tragedy
- Paredes ready to lead Kingman parade away from depression
- '13 Reasons Why': Is teen suicide too sensitive to be considered entertainment?