Keeping It Straight: TRUMP IN HIS OWN WORDS

Donald Trump

Donald Trump

Women: “You have to treat ’em like *&$%.” New York magazine, 9 Nov.1992

“What I say is what I say.” 6 Aug. 2015

"For evangelicals, for the Christians, for everybody of religion, this will be, may be, the most important election that our country has ever had. And once I get in, I will do my thing that I do very well. I figure it is probably, maybe the only way I'm going to get to heaven." Speaking to evangelical leaders in Orlando 11 Aug. 2016

"If she gets to pick her judges – nothing you can do, folks. Although, the Second Amendment people. Maybe there is. I don’t know." Trump, suggesting someone shoot President Hillary Clinton, her Supreme Court picks, or both 9 Aug. 2016

"This business tax will also end job-killing corporate inversions and cause trillions in new dollars in wealth to come pouring into our country and, by the way, into titties like right here in Detroit." Trump, 8 Aug 2016

"Why can’t we use nuclear weapons?" Trump asking a foreign policy adviser during a meeting.

“Actually, I was only kidding. You can get that baby out of here. Don’t worry, I think she really believed me that I love having a baby crying while I’m speaking.”

"They don’t write good. They have people over there, like Maggie Haberman and others, they don’t, they don’t write good. They don’t know how to write good." – Trump, attacking the New York Times in a grammatically flawed tirade, interview with Hannity, 1 Aug. 2016

"I always wanted to get the Purple Heart. This was much easier." On receiving a Purple Heart as a gift 2 Aug. 2016

"Vladimir Putin is not going into Ukraine, OK, just so you understand. He’s not gonna go into Ukraine, all right? You can mark it down. You can put it down." Unaware Russia had attacked the Ukraine in 2014 leaving thousands dead, 31 July 2016

"I think I've made a lot of sacrifices. I work very, very hard." Trump, rejecting the assertion by Muslim lawyer Khizr Khan, whose son died in Iraq, that Trump had "sacrificed nothing and no one." Trump was unable to name a single sacrifice when pressed to elaborate 30 July 2016

“I've had a beautiful, I've had a flawless campaign. You'll be writing books about this campaign.” 29 July 2016

“Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing. I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press." Calling on Russian espionage services to intervene in the U.S. election and help sabotage Hillary Clinton.

“I was shocked to hear Putin mention the N-word. You know what the N-word is. Number one he doesn’t like him and number two he doesn’t respect him. I think he’s going to respect your president if I’m elected." Claiming Putin uses the "N-word" to describe President Obama, 27 July 2016

"I alone can fix it." In his self-aggrandizing acceptance speech at the Republican National Convention, 21 July 2016

"I don't care. It's a long time ago. And he voted that way and they were also misled. A lot of information was given to people …" Forgiving Mike Pence for voting in favor of the Iraq war, saying he was "entitled to make a mistake," but adding that Hillary Clinton isn't, 17 July 2016

"How about bringing baskets of money into Iraq? I want to know, who were the soldiers who had that job? I want to know who were the soldiers that had that job, ’cause I think they’re living well right now, whoever they may be." Accusing U.S. soldiers in Iraq of grand larceny 14 June 2016

"I’ve been treated very unfairly by this judge. Now, this judge is of Mexican heritage. I'm building a wall, OK? I'm building a wall." Accusing U.S. District Judge Gonzalo Curiel, who is presiding over the fraud case against Trump University, of being biased against him because of his Mexican heritage, despite the fact that he is a U.S. citizen who was born in Indiana, 5 June 2016

"His father was with Lee Harvey Oswald prior to Oswald's being, you know, shot. I mean, the whole thing is ridiculous. What is this, right prior to his being shot, and nobody even brings it up. They don't even talk about that." Suggesting Ted Cruz's father may have been involved in the assassination of President John F. Kennedy, 3 May 2016

"I wrote this out, and it's very close to my heart. Because I was down there and I watched our police and our firemen down at 7/11, down at the World Trade Center right after it came down. And I saw the greatest people I've ever seen in action." Confusing 7/11 with 9/11, 18 April 2016

"There has to be some form of punishment … you go back to a position like they had where they would perhaps go to illegal places, but we have to ban it." On women who have abortions, 30 March 2016

"Who knows?" When asked if he would start a war with China as president, 25 March 2016

"Just so you understand, I don't know anything about David Duke, OK? I don't know anything about what you're even talking about with white supremacy or white supremacists. I don't know, did he endorse me, or what's going on? Because I know nothing about David Duke; I know nothing about white supremacists." Refusing to condemn former Ku Klux Klan grand wizard and white supremacist David Duke, who endorsed Trump for president, 28 Feb. 2016

"It is better to live one day as a lion than 100 years as a sheep.” Quoting fascist dictator Benito Mussolini, 28 Feb. 2016

"We won with poorly educated. I love the poorly educated." 23 Feb. 2016

"There may be somebody with tomatoes in the audience. If you see somebody getting ready to throw a tomato, knock the crap out of them, would you? Seriously. Okay? Just knock the hell - I promise you, I will pay for the legal fees." Encouraging violence at his rallies 1 Feb 2016

"I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, and I wouldn't lose any voters, okay? It's, like, incredible." Speaking at a rally in Sioux Center, 23 Jan. 2016

And still the question remains - Why won’t Trump release his tax returns? What is hiding?

Comments

Comments are not posted immediately. Submissions must adhere to our Use of Service Terms of Use agreement. Rambling or nonsensical comments may not be posted. Comment submissions may not exceed a 200 word limit, and in order for us to reasonably manage this feature we may limit excessive comment entries.

JakeStoryRamirez 4 months, 2 weeks ago

The thought of this "man" potentially being elected President makes my stomach turn.

Freedom928 4 months, 2 weeks ago

Hater's gonna be hater's. How's it feel to be in the hater club Bob Moore?

Freedom928 4 months, 2 weeks ago

Well, I don't know about Trump hiding anything, but clinton definitely is. She deleted thousands of emails that were not hers to delete because she kept a private server in one of many bathrooms; presumably for the express reason of hiding information from the general public that could very well land her in prison for the rest of her life; a very frail life by the looks of things. She can hardly move, has no balance, has coughing fits, and still faces a lot of legal and ethics questions.

She hasn't given a press conference in almost a year. What is she hiding? Her medical info is obviously way out of date. Why won't she release a current and up to date medical record to let her supporters know she will be around longer than a couple of months? What is she hiding?

HwyRover 4 months, 2 weeks ago

It is interesting that posting the direct quotes of Mr Trump can result in my being labeled as a “hater.” I actually feel that people who make up “stuff” about others are the actual haters. However I fully understand that the truth is difficult for conservative/obstructionists to deal with, so if calling me a “hater” makes them feel better so be it.

As to Mrs Clint’s emails and the obsession over them, I am far more concerned with the more than 22 million e-mails destroyed by the Bush kids cabal that demand the answer to what were they hiding. And why no umbrage regarding Rice and Powell using private servers?

As to Mrs Clinton’s health, her doctors report is fully up to date and matches in details those provided by Obama, Romney, Bush, et al. However Trumps medical report is truly a joke obviously put together by a whacked out drug addict who used he father’s name on the letterhead, provided a fake website, and is full of so many inaccuracies as to be a complete joke.

So now we have two important questions – Why won’t Trump release his tax returns? Why won’t Trump release his medical record? What is he hiding?

Freedom928 4 months, 2 weeks ago

Poor poor liberals... just don't know how to answer honest questions without lying. So sad so typical. Clinton's health report is over a year old and most definitely not up to date.

Get back to us when you can answer honestly; then we will have something to discuss. Till then; your rhetoric is nothing more than the old and tired rhetoric we have been hearing for years from the left. Doesn't it ever get old lying and making excuses for the fully corrupt? Really!! I would really like to know!!

PS: Please try to keep up; there is no one named Bush in this race for President or haven't you noticed? I do realize it's difficult when one's mind has been indoctrinated and brainwashed but surely you know this!!

You still have not answered the most important questions about what clinton was hiding when she deleted all those government, non personal emails, so what is she hiding?

Your questions about Trump are completely irrelevant until you can answer the much more important questions about a public servant who has swindled us for years. Mr. Trump is a private citizen whereas ms. clinton is not, or rather, was not while she swindled us all. A lie for an answer like you have done so far is simply not acceptable. You must accept the responsibility for the lies of clinton before we can move forward.

You cannot slither out of this. It must be answered before moving forward.

HwyRover 4 months, 2 weeks ago

The contention that somehow responding to concerns regarding Trump is “slithering” away from the issues is, at best, disingenuous. Conservative/obstructionists keep insisting Mrs Clinton is a criminal who “swindled” the American people while never offering an iota of proof. That proof would include indictments, arrests, trials, convictions and punishment. Until such information can be provided all that is left are hyperbolic nonsense and innuendo – the typical actions of conservative/obstructionists.

Claiming that the idiot Bush kid is not running for office conveniently ignores that he and his cabal deleted over 22 million e-mails – which MUST be important since e-mails have consumed the conservative/obstructionists - while SOS’s Rice and Powell used private servers. To anyone with a modicum of common sense these actions rate as much attention as the paltry number of personal e-mails supposedly deleted by Mrs Clinton.

As to Mr Trump, he is seeking the highest office in our nation and as such must answer to the American people when it comes to such basic information as his tax returns and a medical report that rises above the level of a joke. Those questions are not “irrelevant” they are important to the measure of the man to serve his nation – something he has dodged his entire life.

So, as always, the two questions remain – Why won’t Trump release his tax returns? Why won’t Trump release a complete medical dossier? What is he hiding?

And until these questions cannot be properly addressed any “slithering” rests in the bailiwick of the conservative/obstructionists and we cannot move forward until they are answered.

RH 4 months, 2 weeks ago

It looks like Trump has that incurable disease called "foot in mouth disease", he is incurable, the only good thing is only the blindly partisan will not be able to see he is a lame horse in a race he cannot win!!

Freedom928 4 months, 2 weeks ago

RH: Really? Then why is he ahead in the most significant polls? I think the clinton's corruption is finally catching up to them. It won't be complete though until they answer for their crimes in a court of law.

Maybe you can tell us why the left so easily dismisses her crimes. It's a real puzzle for those of us who are honest.

HwyRover 4 months, 2 weeks ago

Maybe someone can tell us why the conservative/obstructionists keep making comments about Mrs Clinton's "crimes" when she has yet to be indicted, arrested, tried, convicted or punished for any "crime?" Until all of the above blanks can be filled in making statements regrading "crimes" is just hyperbolic trash.

As to Trump I know of no "significant" polls that indicate he is "ahead" except for the ones where he came out slightly ahead of bed-bugs, lice and used car salesmen.

And of course there is still no answer to the questions - Why won't Trump release his tax returns? Why won't Trump release an actual medical report instead of a joke letter from an idiot? What is he hiding?

Freedom928 4 months, 2 weeks ago

Bob Moore: Thank you for confirming beyond even the slightest doubt that liberalism truly is a mental illness. A national problem that needs to be dealt with in the most expedient and compassionate way as possible. The mental institutions the left forced to be closed because they knew they belonged in them as patients need to be brought back to help and treat the 20% of the population with this heinous illness that affects the brain at the most basic level.

At the very least these people with this unfortunate disease need to be treated under supervised care; of that there is absolutely no question.

HwyRover 4 months, 2 weeks ago

Bob Morrow - Actually a true mental disease can be seen in the conservative/obstructionists who insist upon supporting an insane school-yard bully, coward who, as an expert con-man, has hoodwinked the intellectually challenged with a non-stop litany of irrational and idiotic statements that fly in the face of conventional wisdom. Anyone who believes there will be a Wall, least of all one "paid for by Mexico"; that 11million people will be deported; and that our nation will demand a religious test for anyone wishing to enter our nation is indeed operating with less than a full load of common sense.

What we see are ridiculous comments casting aspersions on those who have identified Trump as a truly insane person, in place of any actual substance regarding why conservative/obstructionists keep supporting such a person.

And why the conservative/obstructionists keep avoiding two of the most important questions regarding their loser is disturbing - Why won't Trump release his tax returns? Why won't trump release an actual medical report instead of a joke letter written by a fool? What is Trump hiding?

RH 4 months, 2 weeks ago

Trumps leading in what polls? 1% to 2% African American support some say now dropped to less than 1%, 14% to 19% Hispanic American support, hate to bust anyone's bubble but Romney lost with 4% African vote, 27% Hispanic American votes not a poll but post election results. I think many do not realize actual vote count will not decide this election as it does not in all national presidential elections but the all important "electoral college vote", which is not looking good for the Trump fellow, but hey let his fans believe he is winning in some mythical land slide with these invisible but ashamed voters who will magically appear on election day, about as likely as the land slide victory of Romney with his Mormon magical underwear!