KINGMAN - The Conservative Republican Club of Kingman will hear from another candidate challenging U.S. Sen. John McCain in the upcoming election.
Clair Van Steenwyck, who hosts a radio talk show in the Phoenix area, will be guest speaker at the club's meeting at 11:15 a.m. Monday at Dambar Steakhouse, 1960 Andy Devine Ave.
Also speaking to the club is Ray Strauss, a city councilman and pastor in Buckeye who is running against Rep. Paul Gosar, R-Prescott, for the Arizona District 4 seat in the House of Representatives.
The Conservative Republican Club of Kingman strives to introduce new candidates for important offices, and these two candidates are making their Kingman debut, club president Larry Schiff said.
In January, the club heard from Alex Meluskey, who is also challenging McCain in the Republican primary. Kelli Ward of Lake Havasu City is also seeking the GOP nod.
The meeting is open to the public with a $3 cost to defray expenses. Lunch is optional.
More like this story
- Candidates slated to speak at two upcoming events
- Polls show Senate race could be a difficult one for McCain
- Candidates slated to talk at upcoming Conservative Republican Club of Kingman meetings
- Ward may challenge McCain in 2016
- McCain's machine: Well-oiled or broken down? Ward may be the one to find out