KINGMAN – Lee Williams, Kingman Academy and Kingman each got onto the scoreboard at the AIA Division III State Swim Championship Meet Saturday in Paradise Valley.
The Kingman Academy boys team came in 26th place out of 53 teams. Nic Depner scored all 11 points for the Tigers, reaching the finals of the 100- and 200-yard freestyles. He finished 10th in the 200 with a time of 1 minute, 55.44 seconds and was 13th in the 100, completing the swim in 52.89 seconds.
The Kingman girls swim team came in 33rd place with two points. Meghan Yingling earned both when she took 15th place in the 50-free with a time of 27.35 seconds. Yingling also swam the 100 free and finished 17th.
Lee Williams boys scored 15 points to come in 24th. Marco Narvarte tallied the 15 points in the 50 free and the 100 butterfly. In the finals, he finished eighth in the 50-free, swimming with a time of 22.91. He improved more than six seconds from his preliminary swim in the 100 fly and came home in 13th place.
More like this story
- Yingling, Depner, Narvarte reach swim state finals
- Marco Narvarte, Nic Depner lead area swimmers to state
- State Roundup: Depner, Narvartes compete in Division III swim finals
- Lee Williams, Kingman Academy swim teams ready for state competition
- Six teams provide plenty of pool action for local prep swimmers