The Golden Valley Cactus Cleaners have been busy again.
Mark Schmiedeke, Ed Rowley and Wayne Hollins spent Veteran’s Day morning, Nov. 11, cleaning up an illegal tire dump in the south end of Golden Valley.
They loaded up another 286 tires. Earlier in the week they hauled out an additional 125 tires from the same location, and estimate to be about 25 percent done. Then they will start on the trash.
This year the Cactus Cleaners have hauled 48,690 pounds of trash and 1,039 tires to the landfill, not including this load of tires.
The Cactus Cleaners is a group of volunteer Golden Valley residents who are committed to cleaning up our desert.
More like this story
- Kingman Photo | Recognizing, appreciating their efforts
- Illegal dumping is more harmful than you think
- Illegal dumping in the desert near Golden Valley continues to be a major problem
- Golden Valley and Kingman Cactus Cleaners are making progress helping the desert reclaim its beauty
- Kingman Photo | Citizen of the Month