This October, let us reflect on how many lives have been lost due to domestic violence. October is National Domestic Violence Awareness Month. According to the Arizona Coalition to End Sexual and Domestic Violence 2015 Domestic Violence Related Fatality List, there were 109 domestic violence-related deaths in Arizona.
These fatalities included two canines. To show your support to end the violence, light up your home with purple lights or wear purple clothing as purple is the national color for Domestic Violence Awareness.
You can also visit https://movetoenddv.org/ to donate or provide a product or service to help domestic violence victims and survivors.
Make a difference and participate in local events occurring this month in Kingman, Bullhead City and Lake Havasu City to raise needed awareness of domestic violence.
For more information, please contact the Domestic Violence Advocate at the Mohave County Victim/ Witness Program at (928) 718-4967.
Mohave County Victim/Witness Program
More like this story
- Letter | Awareness about Domestic Violence
- 1,000 cases of domestic violence here so far this year
- Domestic Violence Awareness Month brings problem to light
- Domestic violence: 'These things are real and they are happening here in Kingman'
- Shelter steps up efforts during Domestic Violence Awareness Month