Be kind to each other
In the years that I’ve lived it really upsets me to see others make fun of people who are slow or even mentally challenged.
These good people didn’t ask to be born this way and I feel heartsick by the rude behavior that others do at their expense.
My question here to all of you is this: where do people have the right to poke fun and laugh at these people’s expense?
And how would you feel if it was done to you?
So show some respect and give a kind word, ok?
They have feelings too you know!
If you can show respect to the gays and the guilty, then show the same to the mentally challenged.
Two Bible verses to read: 1. Psalm 70:2, 2. Psalm 74:20.
Food for thought! When you see others that are different than you, would it really hurt your ego to show compassion and respect?
Before judging others, take a good look in the mirror.
Kenny Lee Barrows
More like this story
- You get what you pay for with ‘Hitman’s Bodyguard’
- Editorial: Flagging attention and the $1,400 Obamacare premium
- Ending the stigma: Programs create conversations about mental health in Arizona schools
- We the People: Marshall-Brennan Club at Lee Williams High competes constitutionally
- Mom and daughter launch into premature ring-shopping