This letter is not only for the Daily Miner, but to the people of Kingman.
You cannot be happy the way this city is run. Are you?
The lack of teachers in our schools. Overcrowding of classrooms. Lack of substitute teachers.
Sewer bills are out of control. Lack of insight into the cost and lack of people who want to hook up, and then the outrageous fees if you have to hook up.
No real new industry our city over the years.
No vision at all on what to do to bring tourists to town. Route 66 (something from the 50s), a few places to eat, the mountains, and a couple of minor things to do. These things are not turning people’s heads to stay for a week or two.
No vision to make Kingman an attraction. Kingman is not Lake Havasu City, which is a resort area.
Kingman Crossing? No development, no malls, or new places to shop.
No after school activities for our children other than sports. What do we have to offer, the “Y?” Wow.
The airport and industrial park are a mess. That whole area is out of control.
Raising this tax and that tax at a moment’s notice. Oh yeah, we get to vote, but scare voters to think these things are must haves.
How about some real maintenance of the roads and facilities.
Those are just 10 things to move forward.
How about some leadership to move forward.
More like this story
- Dear Abby: Couple’s long, joyous marriage is based on three principles
- Letter | Susan Jessee: WAHS needs help to save feral cat program and other animals’ lives
- Letter | Biblically ridiculing is unChristian
- Letter | Danny Gravener: After securing our borders, we need to send DACAs home
- Dear Abby | Make holidays happy for pets by keeping them safe, healthy