TONTO NATIONAL FOREST (AP) – Authorities say they’re looking for a speedboat involved in a crash in an Arizona lake that left a teenage boy hospitalized with severe injuries.
The Maricopa County Sheriff’s office said the crash happened Saturday afternoon in Bartlett Lake in the Tonto National Forest in central Arizona, north of Phoenix.
The speedboat collided with another personal watercraft, which was operated by a 15-year-old boy.
Good Samaritans in the area helped the teen but the people in the speedboat apparently left the scene.
Authorities said they’re seeking information on the owners of the speedboat, which is gray with a black canopy top.
More like this story
- Remembering 2 killed in Lake Havasu boating accident; 3rd victim flown to Phoenix for surgery
- Updated: Flash flood kills 5 children, 4 adults at Arizona swim hole
- Hit-and-run boaters still on the loose
- Body found west of Forest Lakes, being called homicide case
- Body of 1 person found after boats crash on Colorado River