AUSTIN, Texas (AP) – Police in Austin have released surveillance video showing a car plunging seven stories from a downtown parking garage and striking another vehicle as it lands in an alley.
The video available at www.kdminer.com, shows the car landing atop an SUV then rolling upside down onto the ground. Moments later, people run to help the driver escape.
Police say the July accident happened when the woman drove through retention wires on the seventh floor, hit a building across the street and plunged to the alley below.
The SUV’s driver wasn’t hurt. Austin-Travis County Emergency Medical Services officials said at the time that the woman was treated at a hospital.
Last September, a sport utility vehicle plunged from the ninth floor of the same parking garage.
More like this story
- Uber accident video released: Self-driving system should have spotted woman, experts say
- Golden Valley man hurt when car plunges five stories from parking garage
- Report: Uber driver streaming "The Voice" just before Arizona crash
- Uber self-driving crash calls safety, rules into question
- Open door, key made theft easy