Kingman man arrested for manslaughter after child dies in crash

Daniel Stuart

Daniel Stuart

KINGMAN – A 27-year-old Kingman man faces multiple felony charges after his four-year-old boy was killed in a crash near the Interstate 40 and U.S. 93 interchange Monday.

In a statement from the Arizona Department of Public Safety, the one vehicle fatal collision happened approximately 27 miles north of Wikieup at around 7 p.m. A northbound 2002 Ford extended cab pickup truck went off the right side of the road, struck a guardrail and rolled near milepost 96. The boy was unrestrained and ejected from the vehicle. The truck came to rest upright on the shoulder of the northbound lanes.

The child was pronounced dead at the scene. DPS reported the driver, Daniel Stuart, 27, of Kingman is being charged with manslaughter, assault and aggravated DUI, felonies.

There were four other passengers including a 35-year-old woman, and three other children - two 10-year-olds and a seven-year-old. They were treated and released from Kingman Regional Medical Center for minor injuries. Stuart was injured, treated and booked into the Mohave County jail.

Comments

Comments are not posted immediately. Submissions must adhere to our Use of Service Terms of Use agreement. Rambling or nonsensical comments may not be posted. Comment submissions may not exceed a 200 word limit, and in order for us to reasonably manage this feature we may limit excessive comment entries.

ronboa 2 weeks ago

this man took the life of my daughters 4 yr old son and my sweet beautiful grandson i pray that justis is hard and fast for him he deserves nothing less

ronboa 2 weeks ago

this man must pay for what he did he took my daughters beautiful son my grandson we are sick to our stomachs at loosing this beautiful child there are no word to say how we feel . all should be punished for this tragidy a greaving grandpa !

Larrylegend 2 weeks ago

Wow! How dare you say things that you don't even know the whole situation! Were you there at the accident and witness what happened?? I don't know the whole story either and I wasn't there either, but I'm not going to judge anything or anyone until I hear the whole story! Just face the fact that this family is grieving just as much as anyone else who's been in this type of situation!! I'm truly sorry for your loss! I met your Grandson once and your right he was a genuinely happy boy! He'll always be in our hearts! My thoughts and prayers are to ALL that are effected by this tragedy!

Nana 1 week, 6 days ago

To Larrylegend: How dare you correct the grieving grandparents! They lost an innocent blood relative, you have the audacity to write that they are grieving like anyone else? How dare you! Whom have you lost? You sit here and write that they don't know the whole situation is not the loss of a life enough for you? You sit on the fence like a vulture picking on the bones of the dead. I pray you do not have grandchildren. Go away and let these people grieve as they see fit. It is THEIR grandchild!

Larrylegend 1 week, 5 days ago

To Nana: You obviously didn't read and understand all of my comments! I never corrected anybody, I merely responded to Ronboa on him demanding justice on this young man when he doesn't even know the whole story! In the United states a person innocent until proven guilty. He is charged with manslaughter, and DUI "pending" the results of the bloodtest. If you read my comments I said that I'm sorry for their loss and that my thoughts and prayers are for ALL that are effected by this tragedy. So don't go accusing me for sitting on a fence like a vulture!! You don't know me...I have lost my Dad, and all of my grandparents so I know how they feel when losing a loveone! I say it AGAIN I'm truly sorry for All that are effected by this tragedy and my thoughts and prayers go to all of them.

caz 2 weeks ago

Perhaps ronboa should get his facts straight. I understand that he is upset but he needs to take a look at his side of the story. There are 2 sides to every story. All facts need to be examined

Kgmnres 1 week, 5 days ago

Then facts are that this father killed this child. HE chose to drive under the influence and neglected to secure the child in a car seat!

Smith 2 weeks ago

Manslaughter? Story says his child, assuming he is the biological father his greatest punishment will be knowing his neglect caused his child's death, in most vehicle deaths where criminal culpability is found "involuntary manslaughter" is usually the charge, my guess over charging is to force the defendant to plea bargain down!! Does this make the neglect this man showed any less wrong no! Sad story a 4 year old dead, a family in grief and anger apparently if one reads the comments, nothing good is coming of the prosecution, it will not bring the child back nor make anyone feel good. Revenge is a bitter pill! Does he deserve punishment yes, to what degree I leave it up to our justice system, as a uninvolved non-emotionally connected observer I pray for the child's soul which in my belief is Gods embrace and beyond any harm or mess mankind is in anymore!

denisespall 1 week, 6 days ago

This is a very sad and devastating loss for both families. I have known Daniel since he was a boy. This was a terrible choice to not have that baby in a car seat. I do know that he is suffering the loss as well. That baby died in his arms that night. I realize there is plenty of hurt and im sure lots of anger. I just know that Daniel will live with this for the rest of his life. Im sure that isuch worse than any punishment the courts could hand down. My prayers go out to Hollys family as well as the Stuart family. This little boy had a tough time in his short life. Seems like many could have done more to ensure his safety I will not drag anyones name through thw mud in this situation. We all have to live with the choices we have made in our lives.

Wildrose 1 week, 6 days ago

Loving children, I am so very sorry this little boy lost his life. I have to wonder however, what adult would let children ride with a driver who was drinking and also not have all of the children buckled up.

I nearly lost my son to a drinking driver so I have no sympathy whatsoever with adults who don't do the right thing concerning children. If the driver is drinking....get out of the vehicle.

RR 1 week, 5 days ago

Yet old timers on a daily basis plow their vehicles into buildings, killing and maiming at will (ie: Iowa Walmart). Charges are never brought, just dust them off and send them on their way!

Kgmnres 1 week, 5 days ago

This baby was unrestrained and the driver was under the influence of something. I do not think defending him is correct. He murdered this child because of his very poor decision. HE made the choice to get behind the wheel under the influence. HE should have made sure the child was restrained.

denisespall 1 week, 5 days ago

Ask of now there is only speculation of a dui. Do any of you know the facts. No you do not. Nobody knows as of yet if alcohol were a factor. If it really was a factor, do you think he would be home right now? I think not!!! So please just keep your opinion to yourself. There will be more to come of this story. You will see. This story will be modified to show the truth of what happen. Shame on all of you who just keep passimg judgement. Please keep your opinions to yourself it does not help this situation

SomeGuy 1 week, 5 days ago

As usual the Miner is posting half stories. The blood test for intoxicants hasn't come back yet, and neither a field sobriety test or breathalyzer was done at the scene. The police and prosecutors have no idea at this point if the driver was under the influence of anything at the time of the accident. That result might take weeks to come back. The charges haven't been filed, they're potential charges that might be filed depending on the results of the blood test. You can all put down your pitchforks and turn the heat off under the tar until both you and the authorities know what actually happened.

ronboa 1 week, 2 days ago

you people are not living this nightmare so nothing you say matter s i don t care if daniel was a good kid ,i ve seen the man he was . bottom line is my grandson is gone and he is the cause it theres nothing else to say.