A badge is not a license to bully or beat people.
Three years that I spent as a ride along up in Washington State, I learned many things.
Never tarnish your shield by abusing the authority you were given.
That badge is a symbol of justice and protecting and serving the community.
These two rules are meant to be taken seriously, not ignored. Plus you honor that badge because you’re an ambassador of your community, giving aid to all who need it, without favoritism, etc.
You just can’t abuse others because you wear a shield. Like it or lump it!
Folks, that means being a bully as well. Hint, hint to the Flagstaff P.D.
Please show honor for that shield! After all, people, others across this country wear it, too. Have some compassion toward all of law enforcement, better known as the force.
Use your brains if you have any at all.
As you probably know, due to bad publicity, people are now fearing the law instead of respecting it. Think about it!
Kenny Lee Barrows
More like this story
- Dear Abby: Dispatcher pleads for help clearing emergency lines
- Take the U.S. flag etiquette quiz
- Dear Abby: Classmate won’t stop bullying despite pleas from her friend
- Parents, take charge and teach children how to handle bullies (Guest Column)
- Dear Abby: Clerk gets lesson in privacy from owner of a service dog