I just read the opinion of an individual who felt we didn’t need a mall. I totally disagree. While he did make some good points, we do need a mall .
When I shop for clothing, there is nothing in Kingman to buy decent clothing or shoes. There are no craft stores if one is into crafts. There is a small bead store and I hope he makes it, but he doesn’t have much.
The Penneys is entirely too small. There are too many discount and secondhand stores.
When I shop I go to Lake Havasu City, Bullhead City or even Las Vegas, and so do several friends.
Kingman has the basics: grocery stores, doctors and a hospital.
I’ll go to Walmart or Kmart if I need a small kitchen appliance or meds. Walmart is too small and overshopped.
Yes, Kingman is a historic area for tourists,but there needs to be better shopping for all the residents.
More like this story
- The biggest sales of the year - Black Friday kicks off the holiday sales season
- It's time to build a mall in Kingman
- Antique, thrift stores a key part of downtown's appeal
- The Gift of Thrift: Kingman's secondhand stores hiding bargains in plain sight
- Get A Grip: Taking in guilt-free fun at thrift shops