Photo by Beau Bearden.
KINGMAN – The Kingman High School softball team had seven Lady Bulldogs earn 3A West All-Region accolades, highlighted by three first team selections.
Payton Chamberlain, Kearra Tauta and Taylor Reed garnered first team honors, while Anastasia Tanner, Morgan Stephens and Nasya Longmire were named to the second team.
Cheri Roundy rounded out the honorees as she made Honorable Mention.
The Lady Bulldogs finished the 2016-17 campaign with a 2-6 mark in 2A West and finished 4-12 overall in 3A action.
Kingman graduates four seniors, including Roundy, but will feature an upperclassmen of two seniors and seven juniors next season.
Seven Vols honored
The Lee Williams baseball team had seven Volunteers earn 4A Grand Canyon All-Region honors, highlighted by first team selections Matt and Mike Bathauer.
Lee William’s Carter Rhoades and Paul Giglio were named to the second team, while the trio of Russell Cottrell, Colin McMullen and Matt Shaw garnered Honorable Mention honors.
The Vols tallied a 5-7 mark in 4A Grand Canyon play, while they finished 11-8 overall in 4A.
Lee Williams loses six seniors to graduation, but next season’s upperclassmen should have six seniors and four juniors.
More like this story
- Prep Volleyball: Kingman Academy’s Jackson named 2A West Region Player of the Year
- Prep Roundup: Area trio garner Defensive POY accolades
- Prep Roundup: O Bathauer brothers, where art thou? On the 4A Grand Canyon Region team
- All Region: Eight Tigers garner 2A West honors
- Prep Football: Makaiwi-Stroup, Juelfs lead all-region honorees