Electrical fire destroys home

No injuries, but $61,000 loss

An NACFD firefighter, left, battles Friday’s blaze on Oriole Lane.

Courtesy

An NACFD firefighter, left, battles Friday’s blaze on Oriole Lane.

KINGMAN – Northern Arizona Consolidated Fire District responded to a reported structure fire in the 3500 Block of Oriole Lane just before 3 p.m. Friday.

First responders observed heavy smoke and flames coming from the garage area of a block construction, single family residence. An initial attack by firefighters was made as the fire self-ventilated and ran the length of the attic.

Once the fire was extinguished, a lengthy salvage and overhaul operation was completed. The fire was kept to the property of origin with no exposures threatened. Nobody was home at the time of the incident.

The cause of fire was determined to be faulty electrical wiring. No injuries were reported and the estimated dollar loss is $61,000. The two adult residents were assisted by the American Red Cross.

The NACFD was assisted by KFD, MCSO, and UniSource Gas and Electric.