YARNELL (AP) – A shuttle service is now temporarily available to take visitors from a church parking lot in the Arizona community of Yarnell to a nearby memorial park honoring 19 firefighters killed in a 2013 wildfire.
The shuttle is an answer to constraints posed by the small size of the Granite Mountain Hotshots Memorial State Park's existing hillside parking lot 2 miles (3.2 kilometers) southwest of Yarnell along State Route 89.
Arizona's parks system says the shuttle service from the Assembly of God church will run every half-hour from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily through Oct. 31.
More like this story
- Arizona’s newest park honors Granite Mountain Hotshots
- 'Only the Brave' explores the brotherhood of firefighters who died in the Yarnell Hill Fire
- Trailer released for Hotshots movie ‘Only the Brave’
- Channeling the pain: Five years later, positive efforts abound in wake of Hotshot tragedy
- Community mourns loss of Hotshot firefighters