KINGMAN – The Lee Williams High School boys golf team kicked off the season Tuesday with a 30-over par 174 to narrowly edge Mohave Accelerated with a 39-over 183. Kingman, meanwhile, shot a 56-over 200 to finish third at Cerbat Cliffs Golf Course.
Cole Finch led the way for the Volunteers with a 4-over par 40 for third, followed by Robert Glushenko in fourth (7-over 43) and Wyatt Talk in fifth (8-over 44).
Kingman’s Matthew Mendez paced the Bulldogs with a tie for sixth at 10-over 46. Lee Williams’ Pason McCans was eighth (11-over 47), while Kingman’s Hayden Tanner and Camaron Haller tied for ninth with a 15-over par 51.
The Bulldogs welcome Mohave and Prescott to town Tuesday for a 2 p.m. match, while Lee Williams travels to Bradshaw Mountain Tuesday.
At Antelope Hills Golf Course, the Lee Williams High School girls golf team started off the 2018 season with a bang by shooting a 58-over par 202 to defeat host Prescott.
Lady Vols senior Paige Lucero was the top finisher overall with a 7-over 43, followed by Brooke Lander in third (15-over 51) and Kaylee Moore in fourth (17-over 53).
Lee Williams is back in action Thursday, Aug. 30 at Lake Havasu.
More like this story
- Prep Roundup: Lady Vols cruise to win at Cerbat Cliffs Golf Course
- Prep Golf: Finch leads Vols to 1st place finish at Mohave
- Prep Golf: Lady Vols defeat Lake Havasu in season opener
- Prep Roundup: Bulldogs take second at Mohave
- Prep Roundup: Bulldogs outduel Vols, Panthers at Cerbat Cliffs Golf Course