MADISONVILLE, Texas (AP) – A Houston couple has reported a house heist – as in, their vacation home was stolen.
KTRK-TV reports that Jo and Lonnie Harrison say their one-bedroom, one-bathroom cabin is missing from their property in Madisonville, about 90 miles northwest of Houston.
The prefabricated home was on property they purchased last year. The Harrisons hadn't checked on it since early November. But when Lonnie Harrison returned Friday, all he saw "were blocks and pipes sticking out."
He says he called his wife, who couldn't believe what happened. When he called the Madison County Sheriff's Office, he prefaced his report by saying: "This is really going to sound strange, but I need to report a stolen house."
The sheriff's office didn't immediately return a call seeking an update on the case Monday.
– Information from: KTRK-TV, http://abclocal.go.com
More like this story
- Strange but true: Couple's stolen house may have been repossessed
- Strange News: Police: Mom hits son who didn’t give her Mother’s Day card
- Harvey death toll surpasses 40; more fatalities expected
- Harvey | Rescuers start block-by-block search of flooded Houston
- Rescuers pluck hundreds from rising floodwaters in Houston