PHOENIX (AP) — Police in Phoenix say a young girl has died and her caregivers have been arrested on suspicion of homicide and child abuse.
They say 28-year-old Tayran Slash and 21-year-old Sharonta Adams have both been booked into jail.
It wasn't immediately clear Sunday if either the man or woman has a lawyer yet.
Police responded to a call of an unresponsive child at a Phoenix around 9:30 a.m. Saturday.
Fire Department paramedics arrived and found the child of about 2 years old had multiple injuries.
The girl was taken to a hospital where she was pronounced dead.
Medical staff told police the child had obvious signs of child abuse and detectives developed probable cause to arrest both caregivers.
More like this story
- Young Peoria girl found safe, non-custodial father arrested
- State Briefs | Teen driver arrested in crash that killed Glendale man
- Mesa man accused of abusing 2 of his children for 3 years
- Lake Havasu City man accused in death of 2-year-old daughter
- Police: Worker at child immigration facility molested teen