ANTHEM (AP) – An Arizona teen says she was denied service at a Starbucks drive-thru after she tried to order a Frappuccino while on a horse.
KNXV-TV in Phoenix reports a Starbucks in Anthem recently told Aspen Cline it wouldn't serve her when she and her horse, Scout, galloped to the drive-thru.
Cline says the barista didn't give a reason and only said the store couldn't take her order. The teen says she also had planned to give her horse some cream.
Starbucks told the station that drive-thru windows were only for cars out of safety reasons.
However, there are a number of videos online of horse riders ordering lattes at Starbucks drive-thru windows.
Cline says she wanted the drive-thru experience with her horse for her birthday.
Information from: KNXV-TV, http://www.abc15.com
More like this story
- Drive-thru 'hostage' case eyed by Kingman Police Department
- Recreational pot dispensary offers drive-thru in Las Vegas
- Kingman Police searching for subjects in possible hostage/robbery attempt
- Dear Abby: Friend going for new look now looks 20 years older
- Police: Phoenix mother uses stun gun to wake son for church