PEORIA, Ariz. (AP) — Police in Peoria say a 2-year-old girl has been found safe and the man accused of abducting her has been arrested.
They say 32-year-old Luis Morales is the girl's non-custodial father.
Police say he's facing charges of kidnapping, burglary, aggravated assault, violation of a court order and auto theft.
Morales originally was arrested Sunday on suspicion of violating an order of protection concerning the woman and children living at a Peoria apartment.
He was released from jail on his own recognizance about 5 a.m. Monday.
Less than an hour later, police say Morales returned to the apartment to allegedly abduct the child and steal a vehicle.
Morales had been ordered by a court to stay away from the apartment and not have contact with the girl and her mother.
More like this story
- Amber Alert Canceled: 2-year-old girl located, suspect in custody
- ***UPDATE*** Police: infant sought in Amber Alert found safe
- Surprise police find teen believed to have been abducted
- Lake Havasu City man accused in death of 2-year-old daughter
- Arizona Briefs: Tucson woman arrested in stabbing death of brother