In response to Gavin Douglas’ letter of Nov. 1, you have been misinformed. Evolution has not been a “theory” for many years (50?). It is an accepted fact just as a centric sun, gravity and x-rays.
As far as education is concerned, religion has its own churches, Sunday schools and private religious schools. Why isn’t this enough?
Anyone who is a student of history knows that the separation of church and state is one of our most valuable protections. Let’s keep our public schools moving forward in the education of our children.
More like this story
- Letter | Education should present all points of view
- State education superintendent has evolution on her hit list
- Controversial science: Gov. Doug Ducey says evolution should remain part of science standards, despite Diane Douglas’ proposal
- Intelligent design in state superintendent debate
- Community Viewpoint: Evolution, like gravity, is much more than theory – it is a fact