PHOENIX (AP) – Russians, Peruvians and Mexicans were among 78 immigrants arrested last week in Arizona during a weeklong operation by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, officials said Friday.
The agency’s Phoenix field office director, Henry Lucero, said the effort included arrests of many people previously convicted of serious crimes such as aggravated assault, kidnapping, drug trafficking and domestic violence.
More like this story
- 78 people arrested in week-long Arizona immigration sweep
- Central American asylum seeking caravan reaches US border
- ICE to turn focus on businesses that hire undocumented immigrants
- Border Patrol: Smugglers abandoned 57 immigrants in Arizona
- US says California rejects proposed border duties for troops