Children and caregivers welcome at the Mohave County Library
On National Public Lands Day this year, the public is invited to join the recovery effort by witnessing firsthand a spectacular release into the wild of several captive-bred young condors.
Kingman Junior Rodeo 9 a.m. Happens at the Mohave County Fairgrounds 2600 Fairgrounds Blvd. in Kingman. 928-279-5357.
Hualapai Mountain Craft Fair at 9 a.m. - 3 p.m., Rec. Area No. 1.
Hualapai Mountain Craft Fair 9 a.m. - 3 p.m., Rec. Area No. 1.
Christmas in July/Show-n-Shine 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. at the Walmart parking lot 3396 Stockton Hill Rd. 702-283-1600.
The public sale is 9 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. Friday, and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday.
Event Calendar | July 22, 2018
Event Calendar | July 20, 2018
The presentation is free and open to the public, but seating is limited to about 50 people, so come early.
Bowl-A-Thon/St. Jude’s, 10 a.m. at Cerbat Lanes Bowling Alley 3631 Stockton Hill Rd. 928-692-1818.
Event Calendar | July 13, 2018
Shawn Bell Sr. has been going to Mighty Mud Mania since 1999 and said he likes to take off work so he can participate. And it’s not just his children who enjoy splashing and racing in the mud, as he plans on taking first again this year.
The Parks and Recreation Department is showing “The Little Mermaid” for its Float-In Movie event Friday at Centennial Park pool, 3333 Harrison Ave.
With temperatures expected to top out around 97 degrees on the Fourth of July, a dip in the city swimming pool sounds refreshing before settling in for the night of fireworks as we celebrate our nation’s Declaration of Independence.
This week's events
There’s a horseshoe tournament and barbecue cook-off, Fourth of July staples in Oklahoma where Woods was raised. Other fun events include a cornhole tournament, Kingman Fire Department tug-of-war, water slides, dunking booths, watermelon-eating contest, games for the children and beer garden for the adults, all for $5 a carload (contest entry fees and water slide wristbands are an additional $5).
Event Calendar | June 3, 2018
It’s an integrated cross-functional approach to promote the movie and brand marketing of the Mustang.
Here is a glance at this week's events
It was a bright sunny day, perfect for flying a kite.
For the long weekend coming up if pop, folk, bluegrass, western and country music is something you enjoy, then why not go to Diana’s Cellar Door Wine Bar and listen to Doug Barnett perform?
Just like in the 1964 Walt Disney classic Mary Poppins, one of the famous tunes in the movie is, “Let’s Go Fly a Kite” sung by Dick Van Dyke, talking about flying a kite and the experience about kite flying. Now that spring is here, flying a kite sounds like a good family fun activity.
Event Calendar | May 20, 2018
Plenty to do around Kingman this weekend
- 7 felony counts for former school district business manager
- Man found in Smith’s parking lot died of natural causes
- Broken windows anger vehicle owners
- Mohave 911
- New home sales slow as prices creep into “bubble” territory
- Kingman duo arrested for felony shoplifting
- High rate of speed sends motorcyclist to Las Vegas hospital
- US 93 closed due to police activity
- A few scenes from Thursday night's storm in Kingman
- Sacha Baron Cohen makes a joke of Kingman
- BREAKING NEWS: Violent crash on Highway 68
- City of Kingman replies to Sacha Baron Cohen
- Legionnaires’ disease reported at Harrah’s Laughlin
- Striper fishing spectacular at Lake Mead
- A night of terror on Lake Mead
- Dome-shaped home on Christy Drive catches fire
- Police return to search Snavely residence in connection with missing $170,000
- New Arizona laws in effect starting Friday