The presentation is free and open to the public, but seating is limited to about 50 people, so come early.
Bowl-A-Thon/St. Jude’s, 10 a.m. at Cerbat Lanes Bowling Alley 3631 Stockton Hill Rd. 928-692-1818.
Event Calendar | July 13, 2018
Shawn Bell Sr. has been going to Mighty Mud Mania since 1999 and said he likes to take off work so he can participate. And it’s not just his children who enjoy splashing and racing in the mud, as he plans on taking first again this year.
The Parks and Recreation Department is showing “The Little Mermaid” for its Float-In Movie event Friday at Centennial Park pool, 3333 Harrison Ave.
With temperatures expected to top out around 97 degrees on the Fourth of July, a dip in the city swimming pool sounds refreshing before settling in for the night of fireworks as we celebrate our nation’s Declaration of Independence.
This week's events
There’s a horseshoe tournament and barbecue cook-off, Fourth of July staples in Oklahoma where Woods was raised. Other fun events include a cornhole tournament, Kingman Fire Department tug-of-war, water slides, dunking booths, watermelon-eating contest, games for the children and beer garden for the adults, all for $5 a carload (contest entry fees and water slide wristbands are an additional $5).
Event Calendar | June 3, 2018
It’s an integrated cross-functional approach to promote the movie and brand marketing of the Mustang.
Here is a glance at this week's events
It was a bright sunny day, perfect for flying a kite.
For the long weekend coming up if pop, folk, bluegrass, western and country music is something you enjoy, then why not go to Diana’s Cellar Door Wine Bar and listen to Doug Barnett perform?
Just like in the 1964 Walt Disney classic Mary Poppins, one of the famous tunes in the movie is, “Let’s Go Fly a Kite” sung by Dick Van Dyke, talking about flying a kite and the experience about kite flying. Now that spring is here, flying a kite sounds like a good family fun activity.
Event Calendar | May 20, 2018
Plenty to do around Kingman this weekend
Kingman Regional Medical Center is having its 26th annual Kids’ Day Health and Safety Fair from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at the KRMC Hualapai Mountain Campus, 3801 Santa Rosa Dr.
Dig It Community Garden invites parents and kids to come out for “Animal Friends in the Garden” from 9-11 a.m. Saturday in the children’s area of the garden at 2301 Lillie Ave., next to Cecil Davis Park.
Musicians Roger Casanova and Ramon Torres are well known in the community, both separately and together. They offer authentic sound and content with a distinct Mexican flavor.
Between two routes, around 1,000 motorcyclists made their way through Kingman Wednesday afternoon during their Run of the Wall and stopped at the Mother Road Harley Davidson, 2501 Beverly Ave., for some lunch.
Event Calendar | May 13, 2018
One of the most painful things people can see in life is having to watch another family member, friend or neighbor go through cancer. Not only is it hard on the loved ones, but it is equally if not harder for the people themselves having to battle this horrid sickness.
The word around town is that a dog is man’s best friend. Dogs come in all shapes and sizes, they’re big, small, short, tall, fluffy, and give the best kisses ever! If you’re looking for a new canine companion or a companion for your dog, why not take a trip up the hill for Howlin’ in the Hualapais and make it a fun-filled day for the family?
Friends of the Kingman Library is holding a book sale Friday and Saturday at Mohave County Library’s Kingman branch, 3269 Burbank St.
Running a 10k race sounds like a great idea to do early in the morning on a Saturday. Especially if it’s going toward a good cause like the Kingman Regional Medical Center Joan and Diana Hospice Home.
- Striper fishing spectacular at Lake Mead
- Police return to search Snavely residence in connection with missing $170,000
- Embattled kennel owner calls out county supervisor on his ‘facts’
- Woman crashes truck through block wall into house, parked vehicles
- MCSO search and rescue saves stranded citizens
- Public comment stirs up commission meeting
- One-vehicle rollover accident on the I-40, no serious injuries
- Arizona man arrested for impersonating an officer after trying to pull over troopers
- Flooding closes Havasu Canyon for 7 to 10 days
- READ HIS LIPS: Sheriff Doug Schuster’s lip sync video enjoys viral success
- Secrets revealed: Longtime Kingman resident speaks and shows photos of the most difficult day in Kingman’s history: July 5, 1973
- Striper fishing spectacular at Lake Mead
- Officers involved in Sunday night shooting placed on leave
- Joyride in family car ends in fiery crash
- Dollar General armed robbery suspect apprehended
- One person killed jumping from runaway semi-truck on I-17
- Mohave's Most Wanted
- Armed robber shot in face by KPD
- Walnut Creek residents feel deceived by Scot Industries
- Mohave 911