Rants & Raves | June 17, 2018
Editorial Cartoon | June 15, 2018
You’ve heard the old adage, “It takes a village to raise a child,” or maybe you’ve heard this one, “Grow where you’re planted,” or maybe this one suits it better, “Don’t just stand there, roll up your sleeves and pitch in.”
Recently, we had our mail stolen at our residence and reported it to Kingman Police Department. I was told to notify United States Postal Inspector. After speaking with Kingman Post Office and after I spoke to United States Postal Inspector, I was asked had I contacted the police department.
According to the Washington Post, at some universities, nearly 50 percent of first-year students have already screened and selected a roommate before moving into a dorm.
For minor inconveniences of travel, the work being done will do nothing but benefit the City and its residents.
All the numbers are on the rise.
This our constitutional republic that was created and adopted for “We the People” to be in power and control, not a king or queen, not a dictator or committee, and surely not a Congress member, senator, president, judge or bureaucrat.
His powerful model left a profound impact and guides me still. Even at 56, I’m filled with joy when I live up to his high standards and make him proud. I’m filled with disgust when my actions fall short and make him sad.
In summary: McCain stands with allies (other countries) over Americans (family) and works hard for bipartisanship (politicians) over fighting for Arizonans (family).
Take that, Press
We all are to blame, no exceptions.
We don’t know what this will be yet.
I do not think that she believes in “Chemtrails.”
We’ve seen a few plays in New York, on Broadway, and this play was on par with those plays.
Ash cloud of debt
Our elites see America as an “indispensable nation,” the premier world power whose ordained duty it is to defend democracy, stand up to dictators and aggressors, and uphold a liberal world order.
You won’t want to miss Season 3. But don’t worry, you won’t be able to.
Thanks City Council for taking my money for nothing. No wonder people go out of town to buy items.
Supervisor Wakimoto rocked it for Mohave County.
Editorial Cartoon | June 11, 2018
This past February, my third-grade students wrote letters to small-town newspapers around our country. The letters asked people in each state to send items of interest that the student might include in their final class State Fair project.
When I heard my brother Jonathan had taken his own life, my first thought, unfiltered through the sieve of reason, was: “Why the hell did he do this to me, to my mother, to us?”
The problem with the “fake news” meme is that such fabrications exist in two places – online at sites dedicated to creating falsehoods and mainstream news outlets.
Editorial Cartoon | June 10, 2018
- Steven Madrid’s family in Iowa wants answers about his death
- Once bitten, twice charged
- One person killed jumping from runaway semi-truck on I-17
- Missing man recovered at Lake Mohave
- Mohave's Most Wanted
- Man suspected of defrauding more than 1,000 Walmart stores
- He isn’t Superman. He’s a Dad.
- Weapons found in armor vehicle used to block Hoover Dam bridge
- MCSO deputies make drug arrests after responding to unrelated call
- Man blocks US 93 on Pat Tillman Bridge
- Teen missing from Las Vegas; may be in Laughlin
- Police detain couple for questioning of cash lost at Walmart
- Arrest made in missing $170,000 case
- ***UPDATE*** One dead, one injured in train wreck near Truxton
- ***UPDATE*** Woman leaves $170,000 in cash behind at Walmart
- ***UPDATE*** Kingman Police seek 2 in missing $170,000 case
- Grand Canyon uranium mining ban upheld, court sides with Havasupai
- Kingman could be in danger of losing Amtrak’s Southwest Chief
- Mohave County's Most Wanted
- The highway of sorrow