News reports about California wildfires often seem to focus on horses, celebrities and schadenfreude.
President Trump won the election as a populist
Through the years cancer has taken the lives of many Americans whether rich, poor, famous, white, black, brown, and even some of those scoundrels we call politicians
Like or hate the Republican tax-reform plan, here’s one thing we can all cheer: Beer taxes are going down
The chain builds stores where folks are down on their luck, where 20 percent of customers receive government assistance, and where even Walmart won’t bother doing business
I first saw Roberto Clemente in 1955 when he was a 21-year-old outfielder playing for the Santurce Crabbers, a Puerto Rican Winter League team.
I finally get why President Trump tweets.
Several years ago, my family was presented with a gift that, since then, has become a national Christmas holiday phenomenon - The Elf on the Shelf.
The perpetual outrage mob on the left has adopted an unlikely target of late – the brainy, affable head of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), Chairman Ajit Pai.
Our system is reliant on the belief that we’re equally accountable in the eyes of the law. And that no one – not even the president of the United States – stands above it.
If they stump for spending cuts, they’re cast as uncaring and cruel; if they stump for tax increases to pay for those spending cuts, they’re cast as uncaring and cruel
What is really being done to us is a war. This war is being soft pedaled by those who disseminate what is sold as news. War has been declared on America and legitimate American citizens.
Jose Ines Garcia Zarate’s acquittal on murder charges is a travesty
Simply put, animal acts in circuses are antiquated and belong in the past
The tax plan the president and Republicans have sold the public is nothing more than a Ponzi scheme of epic proportion
A huge thank you to all who paid the first half property tax payments in a timely manner.
Everyone (except some Alabama Republicans) seem to believe sexual contact between a man in his thirties and a fourteen year-old is illegal and reprehensible.
There are times during the day when the short drive from Detroit to Airway avenues on Stockton Hill Road reminds me of Southern California (from sunrise to sunset mostly), but other than that there aren’t many triggers to bring me back there from here in lovely Kingman.
No one asks to be harassed. No one wants to be assaulted.
Last year, I expressed serious reservations about the proposed AT&T-Time Warner merger. I argued, at the time, that allowing this merger will have important implications for a free press and American democracy for many years to come.
Two weeks ago, it seemed that former President Bill Clinton was finished as a public figure.
Pros and cons to reducing the Grand Canyon herd
An avalanche of revelations concerning public figures engaging in various sexual assaults has tumbled down upon our heads
Your Social Security number has more than 40 congressionally approved uses. You can’t drive, vote, apply for a job or open a bank account without revealing that number.
Community View | Taking back Golden Valley Improvement District control from Mohave County government isn’t the answer
A small group of citizens began a petition-signature drive to take back control of GVID.
- Kingman man arrested for armed robbery, aggravated assault
- Mohave 911
- The Beale Street arch has lost some luster
- Mohave County fire engines leave to assist on California fires
- Who is Julie Gragg?
- Mohave County resists water rights transfer to Central Arizona Project
- Mohave County Sheriff looking for progress
- Cottonwood man sought after driver stabbed multiple times
- Flying J approved for repair shop
- The Meaning of Christmas: Christmas Angels bring a homeless couple home
- Drug investigation involving strip club turns up marijuana, weapons, dead alligator
- Motorcyclist killed in collision with van on Northern Avenue
- KPD issues warning about walking along Mohave Wash
- KFD: Man jumps from Hualapai Mountain Road bridge
- Man arrested for Golden Valley armed robbery
- Havasu police arrest 15 in prostitution stings
- Kingman pair arrested for felony trespassing
- Cellmates clash at Mohave County Jail
- Police: Kingman man arrested on kidnapping, sex assault charges