Suspect says he didn't molest girls
A Kingman man charged with molestation and sexual conduct involving a 3- year-old girl and a 5-year-old girl pleaded not guilty Monday.
Mohave County Judge Steven F. Conn set a case management hearing for Raymond Carrion Sanchez, 47, for 10 a.m. on Dec. 31.
Sanchez is facing five charges of sexual conduct with a minor and one charge of molestation of a child, all of which are class 2 felonies and dangerous crimes against children.
Sanchez faces a maximum 27 years in prison on each of the sexual conduct with a minor charges and a maximum of 24 years on the molestation of a child charge. Because of the age of the victims, the prosecutor can request the range to life with the possibility of parole after 35 years on the sexual conduct with a minor charges.
Ronald Gilleo, the defense attorney for Sanchez, said he would file a motion for a review of release conditions, where the bond for Sanchez could be reduced. Conn set a hearing on that for 10:30 a.m. Friday.
According to court documents, Sanchez is currently being held on $100,000 bond, while at the arraignment Gilleo said it is $20,000.
Sanchez was arrested by the Kingman Police Department on Nov. 15 after the alleged victims alerted their parents about incidents occurring at the suspect's residence in the 2500 block of Ricca Drive.
The incidents were said to have occurred over the last year. The suspect's wife had been informally baby-sitting children of family and friends at the time, KPD Sgt. Rusty Cooper said.
According to court documents, Sanchez admitted to some of the charges during interviews with detectives. In a letter to the Miner received on Friday, Sanchez denied the allegations.