Both the Golden Valley Gazette and I have celebrated the passage of another year. My special day fell the latter part of September. The Gazette completed two full years with the Oct. 3 issue, so we're starting our third year together.
It seems as if I have worked here at the Gazette for a very long time, yet it feels like no time at all.
Looking back over the last two years, a lot has happened. Rhodes Homes and Dorado both came in with a bang, left with a whimper and probably are going to be making their separate comebacks in 2008. At least, that's my bit of birthday prophecy. We'll see how good my foresight is.
A total of five - yep, count them, five - incorporation groups formed and fell by the wayside with yet another defeated incorporation effort to add to this community's history archives.
And the Gazette this year added some new features. Local writer Walter Carr has expanded his talents to his Sidelights in History, you can send your verse to the Poet's Pen, and Don Rothra is contributing his Mr. Ten Gauge cartoon promoting gun safety, starting this week.
I sincerely thank you all for your support, and I'm excited about the coming year with you.
More like this story
- Celebrate accomplishments and diversity during Black History Month
- False accusations call for straight talk and shooting from the hip
- Looking back, moving forward and expressing gratitude
- Most sign incorporation petition, become circulators
- Good news seems to travel slowly; bad news and rumor spread like wildfire