KINGMAN - A Dolan Springs man videotaped himself molesting a 7-year-old girl, according to detectives, and was arrested by Flagstaff police officers Friday.
Mohave County Sheriff's detectives charged Jim Marshall Settles Jr., 34, with a felony count of sexual exploitation of a minor following a brief investigation that began a couple of days earlier.
Kingman Justice Court issued an arrest warrant just hours before Settles was apprehended in Flagstaff.
The investigation began when detectives and workers from Child Protective Services responded to a home in Dolan Springs on Jan. 29, where the alleged victim lives with her mother and siblings, regarding a suspected case of child molestation.
Detectives took custody of the videotape during the investigation. Settles remained in the Flagstaff jail as of Tuesday.
More like this story
- Suspect arrested for alleged child molestation, sexual assault
- Man allegedly filmed 11-year-old through hole in bathroom door
- Kingman man arrested on molestation and abuse charges
- Kingman man pleads innocent to charges of videotaping sleeping children
- Child porn, bestiality charges filed against Dolan Springs man